Friday, January 25, 2008

Start of the spike

"Happy does the cleaning, splits Wednesdays between the firehouse during the afternoon and the library after they close. We’ll get her to let us in, you'll distract her and I’ll have a look at the books."

"Why don’t I get to look at the books while you distract her?"

"My dear, do you remember the xrays at the denstist office, when we had a dentist? You’re better at distractions and I’m better with details. What does it matter since we both share the details?"

Later halfway home, in the library. "Where’s Grams?"

"That’s not her name."

"Where is she?"

"Probably in the little girls’s room. Can I check my email or not?.. I just know he is going to be a match for me... Please?"

"This matchmaker service, is it free?"

"Yes, why do you ask?"
"Aehh, couldn’t possibly work. I got to finish the vacuming. Hurry up."

She’s like a pigeon on a ledge. She’s there but she’s not comfortable.

No comments: