Friday, February 8, 2008

Research in Denver

"To really know where the treasure came from, we’ll will need to return to Denver, it’s not a bad place if you don’t mind looking at the mountains through power lines.", Liz.

"I like Denver."

"I do too. There is this one bar aging gracefully, has a drink called the the ‘Cowtown Cufflink’, mellow, carmel, without a doubt the smoothest skinned knee you’ll ever have..."

"What’s in it?"

"I don’t know.. Anyway, back to the Western reading room, DP library. .:.

"Is there any history to indicate a Masonic treasure trove anywhere locally or statewide for that matter?.. Is it just me, or does it smell a little like a tack shop in here?", Liz.

"Yes, a lot of our older books have leather bindings, so you got that right. And yes there are some indications..The Masonic connection to the forefathers is generally well known. But there was a time in the nineteenth century that they were rather reviled and persecuted in some places, instances of attacks on Masonic Halls some burnt down. I have seen some references to caches being made, lodges bringing their ‘instruments to a place so they could be safeguarded." Clark, librarian.

"I had no idea. So do think there could be such a cache?"

"Perhaps, but there is one group of women that have what they think are some very good clues to a family treasure that has a connection to Czarist Russia, but is also mixed up with the Masons, I have her number. Let me go and get it." Clark goes back into the offices behind the counter.

No comments: